- Your company information - contact name, phone number, email, twitter handle, LinkedIn, etc.
- Type of project - new website design, website redesign, Myspace page design, etc.
- Your current URL - so the website design company can review your current website if it applies
- No. of web pages - Are there 5, 20 or 100 web pages? This can influence things like design cost, page build out cost and web page development.
- Website Maintenance - Will you want to update your website yourself? Will you want the website design company to do this for you?
- Features & Functionality - Is your website ecommerce-enabled? Is there interactive Flash animations? Are there a lot of forms and custom processes?
- Content - Will you be providing all stock images in a web-ready format? Will you be providing copywriting for all web pages?
- Timeline - What is your website design project timeline? When do you want to start and finish?
- Budget - What is your website design budget? This is a tough question but the more you know your ceiling; the better website design quotes you'll receive.
- Goals - What do you want to achieve from your website design project?
Sunday, September 6, 2009
When searching for the right website design company, you'll stumble upon a "quotes" page that has a long form and sometimes it's just an email to send your information. In all cases there are 10 things you need to have ready before sending your website design quote in and they are: